Re: Testing has broken my fonts today

%% vanillicat <vanilli@nycap.rr.com> writes:

  v> Oops, I realize I forgot to mention that I didn't have defoma
  v> installed, so I used apt-get to install this, as well as
  v> x-ttcidfont-conf.  I also added
  v> /var/lib/defoma/x-ttcidfont-conf.d/dirs/TrueType and
  v> /var/lib/defoma/x-ttcidfont-conf.d/dirs/CID to my FontPath as
  v> mentioned by x-ttcidfont-conf as well as by Alan's message.  I did
  v> all this before changing and rerunning the update-ms-fonts scripts,
  v> after which everything worked again.

You should not need to do both.

Defoma font management is a _replacement_ for the part of the
update-ms-fonts script that was commented out; that's why it was
commented out.

The "Right Way" is to not uncomment stuff from the update-ms-fonts
script, but rather to allow Defoma to manage the fonts correctly.  If,
for some reason, this doesn't work automatically then you need to report
a bug on this.

Strange that you didn't have defoma installed, though, because the
msttcorefonts package Depends on defoma... how could you install
msttcorefonts without it?

 Paul D. Smith <pausmith@nortelnetworks.com> HASMAT--HA Software Mthds & Tools