Re: Testing has broken my fonts today

On 18 Sep 2002 10:05:09 -0500
DvB <imasu@earthlink.net> wrote:

> Actually, this bug explains the problem in more detail:
>
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=160902&repeatmerged=yes

Thanks so much for linking to this.  I got panicky when none of my
programs were working, and I couldn't mail debian-user because Sylpheed
is a GTK app!  Mozilla functioned fine though, so I could read the list.
 The tip offered in that bugreport did the trick for me:

"Changing the /usr/sbin/update-ms-fonts script to the previous behavior
by uncommenting the creation of the symlinks and commenting the deletion
of the symlinks returns the system to a working state regarding these
fonts."

I made these changes, and ran update-ms-fonts again, and everything
works now!