Re: PHP3 files on Apache 1.3.26 and PHP4

--- Charles Baker <rascharles@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I'm running apache 1.3.26 and php4. I've never tried
> to do anything w/ php on my server. I installed an
> app
> that has php3 files. When I try to browse the app, I
> get a mime-type error. Galeon doesn't seem to know
> what to do...I think the following are all the
> relevant line from my httpd.conf:
>
> LoadModule php4_module
> /usr/lib/apache/1.3/libphp4.so
>
> <IfModule mod_dir.c>
>     DirectoryIndex index.html index.php index.htm
> index.shtml index.cgi index.ph
> p3
> </IfModule>
>
>     # For example, the PHP 3.x module (not part of
> the
> Apache
>     # distribution - see http://www.php.net) will
> typically use:
>     #
>     AddType application/x-httpd-php3 .php3
>     #AddType application/x-httpd-php3-source .phps
>     #
>     # And for PHP 4.x, use:
>     #
>     AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
>     #AddType application/x-httpd-php-source .phps
>
> Clues anyone? A further test in my public_html/php
> directory of a simple index.php works. However
> mv'ing
> the same file to php3 does not work. What gives?

{{SNIP}}

I continued on my google search and found this page:

http://www.opendeveloper.org/PHP/HowTo/Upgrading_From_PHP3_to_PHP4/

Which indicated that the line:

AddType application/x-httpd-php3 .php3

should be commented out and instead use a line like
so:

AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .php4 .php3

This works. Once again, google and the web prove
themselves to be my friends.

=====
rascharles@yahoo.com
http://www.charleshbaker.com/~chb/