Re: Mylex Controller, Tyan MB and SMP problems <= Solved, sort of...

We are suspecting that there is something wrong with the mainboard in this machine. We've got it to boot nicely using the 686-smp kernel in the package pool, but there are some very odd things happening (floppy drives disappear mid access etc).

We can't get a self compiled kernel to work in SMP mode. I'm suspecting an issue with the ServerWorks chipset.

Thanks Alvin for your time, your advice was a great help in determining that we were doing thngs the 'right way'.

John P Foster (who is STILL not the guy who makes the beer)

John wrote:

Hi all!

I'm wondering if anyomne has any experience with the Mylex RAID controller on Tyan mainboards.

As soon as we enable SMP in the kernel we can no longer find the file systems at boot time == kernel panic.

Any clues at all appreciated.

John P Foster (who is NOT the guy who makes the beer)