Re: Setting-up CDRW

It looks like you are close to having it correct (and one of the things
you tried looks like it should have worked).

I have the following (which was mostly created automatically during the
system installation from a woody cdrom), which works for me:

/dev/cdrom is a symlink to /dev/cdrom0
/dev/cdrom0 is a symlink to /dev/sdc0

fstab shows:

/dev/cdrom      /cdrom          iso9660 defaults,ro,user,noauto 0 0

cdrecord -scanbus shows:

Cdrecord 1.10 (i686-pc-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2001 Jörg
Schilling
Linux sg driver version: 3.1.24
Using libscg version 'schily-0.5'
scsibus0:
        0,0,0     0) 'SONY    ' 'CD-RW  CRX175E2 ' 'S002' Removable
CD-ROM
        0,1,0     1) *
        0,2,0     2) *
        0,3,0     3) *
        0,4,0     4) *
        0,5,0     5) *
        0,6,0     6) *
        0,7,0     7) *

Another point is that I don't append hdc=ide-scsi, but I do have
ide-scsi listed in /etc/modules.  Kernel is 2.4.19-686.

Bob