having trouble partitioning correctly

Hello list,

I am trying to partition a 6.4gb ide hard drive.  I have gone through the
cfdisk program to do this.  The problem I seem to run in to are two.

1.  On the partition where the boot parameter is set is 8.23 megs.  Is this
big enough to hold both the linux native system and the boot record and also
I can't get it to go any bigger so I am wondering how I can force it up to
10mb like the installation manual says?

2.  I am assuming that with the swap it can be set to 64mb(which is the
amount of memory on the linux box) and then in the
type of file system I choose 82.

3.  What should I do with the rest of the disk space?

Scott Berry
Msn: electronicman1960@hotmail.com
Yahoo Messenger: electronicman1960
If you are interested in scanning and you are blind please come join our
police scanner list.  To subscribe send a message to:
mailto:blindscanner-subscribe@yahoogroups.com