Re: MIME problem displaying .dvi.gz files in Galeon/Mozilla

On 2002-09-14 22:07 Alan Shutko wrote:
Mark Roach <mrroach@okmaybe.com> writes:

>> When I click on a .dvi.gz file in Galeon (or Mozilla), I get a
dialog
>> asking what I want to do with the file.  But in that dialog, the
file
>> is identified as a application/gzip file, not a .dvi file.
>
> that is probably because it _is_ a gzip file. download it and run
> 	gzip -d filename.dvi.gz

xdvi can do that transparently, so it would be nice if you didn't
have to do pointless steps by hand.

Exactly.  Most of the tetex doc is installed as .dvi.gz files.
If I load file:///usr/share/doc/texmf/newhelpindex.html in your
browser, and try to click on most of the links, it does not work.

--
Tom Schutter
t.schutter@att.net