MIME problem displaying .dvi.gz files in Galeon/Mozilla

Hello,

When I click on a .dvi.gz file in Galeon (or Mozilla), I get a dialog asking what I want to do with the file. But in that dialog, the file
is identified as a application/gzip file, not a .dvi file.

In Settings:Document Handlers:File Types and Programs, I added
.dvi.gz to the list of extensions for application/x-dvi, but
that did not help.  There is an application/x-gzip in the list,
but not an application/gzip in the list.

There is no application/gzip in any of my dot files.

1) Where is the .gz -> application/gzip relationship coming from?

2) Where should I put my .dvi.gz -> application/x-dvi
   relationship?

--
Tom Schutter
t.schutter@att.net