Re: Linux in Universities

Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> writes:

> I don't know about KDE, but Gnome 1.4 as the Drive Mount Applet.
> Insert the disk and click on the applet icon.  The icon changes
> to show a "mounted disk".  Click on the icon again and it dismounts/
> ejects the disk.  No problem.

I used to use the enlightenment mount/umount epplet all the time (now I
find it easier to move files between machiens via scp) and it would work
just fine until I forgot to umount a disk before swapping it for
another. the mount utility _really_ didn't seem to like that. Maybe
things have improved since then, though.