Re: List of suggested packages

David Goodenough wrote:
Is there a way to get a list of all the packages that are suggested by the
packages that I have installed, but that I have not installed?  I ask because
apt-get is quite silent about such things, and if you do not read the change
logs sometimes the suggestion list changes, and I would like to see whether
there is anything useful that I should install?

Thanks in advance

David

Related question: Why doesn't aptitude --with-recommends install <somepackage> do anything if somepackage is already installed. It seems like it should still install the recommends even though it can't do anything with somepackage. If it did, then "aptitude --with-recommends install `grep-status ' install ' -ns Package`" would solve OP's question...