boot procedure hangs with: enable_irq(18) unbalanced from c01fe311

Title: boot procedure hangs with: enable_irq(18) unbalanced from c01fe311

Hi,

I've been trying to install woody kernel 2.4.18, on the following machine:
- Abit BP6 (dual celeron 500)
- hda = Quantum Fireball 20GB
- hdb = Maxtor 80GB
- hdc/hdd = CDR + DVD
- hde = Quantum Fireball 20GB   (with the onboard HighPoint DMA66 controller).

this last one gives me a problem...
If I install kernel 2.2.20, i will boot. I compiled 2.4.18, booted it, and it will start. It only remains, during the booting proces, for quiet some time blokked on the message:

------------------------
hde: enable_irq(18) unbalanced from c01fe311
enable_irq(18) unbalanced from c01fe311
------------------------

Im running debian out-of-the-box for some years, but I'm a newbie at kernel compilation, and installation.
So I tried to reinstall directly kernel 2.4.18 from CD.
The boot proces hangs now completly with the same message.
My 2.2.20 installation didn't have a module to see the highpoint adapter.

I do not really know where to start to look...

Rogier

The information in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential and is
intended for the addressee only. Reading, copying, disclosure or use by
anybody else is not authorised. The contents do not represent the opinion
of Romagest S.p.A. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete
this message and any attachments and advise the sender by return e-mail.