Setting up a Bootloader, post install.

I've installed Woody on an old machine (a 486!), and as a temporary fix I
used a floppy disk to boot, allowing regular boots to load Win95(!). Now the
Win partition is gone completely, so I'd like to have debian take over the
mbr and the bootstrap process completely, as a single boot system.

How do I go about doing this, without going through the install process
again? Do I simply need to install GRUB or LILO? Or is there anything else I
need to think about?

Much thanks.