Re: Why do I need to be a %^#$# programmer to use Linux?

"deFreese, Barry" <Barry.deFreese@nike.com> writes:

> I am no programmer and have no way of tracking this shit down.  Why should I
> have to?

You don't have to.  You could contact someone for support or hire
someone to do it for you.

> BTW, if anyone has any ideas about how to get this damn thing working I
> would GREATLY appreciate it!

It sounds like it's looking for kernel headers for your kernel.
Installing the right kernel-headers package for your kernel-image
might work, but you might also need to adjust the makefile (since
iirc, the epca makefile wants headers to be in
/usr/src/linux/include).  It may be easiest to find your nearest
Linux User Group and find someone locally who can log into the
machine, see precisely what's up, and give a hand.  That's often the
easiest way.

I'd try to help, but I haven't dealt with the epca drivers in a
while, and only on redhat systems late at night....

Never go to bed mad. Stay up and fight.