Re: Why do I need to be a %^#$# programmer to use Linux?

Barry -

I'm not a programmer either. I'd like to be and one day even -hope- to be
one (I'm 41, so who knows).

I've experienced my share of frustration with Linux (and FreeBSD, which I also
use and love); however, I have found that the pleasure of using these OSs is
that they teach, and teach well. They actively encourage learning. They interest
and involve.

Sometimes the search is a frustrating one, especially before one has a 'feel
for how things work' (that's clunky, but given the day I'm having, the best I
can do). I have found the community extremely given, if cranky sometimes: the
community of users expects you to try things out yourself first, which a lot of
people don't get.

I don't know the answer to your question, or where you are in your learning
curve. But I've had loads of questions myself along the way and I have always
found the quest worth it. Don't give up!

Glenn Becker

--
This is not a signature