Re: (OT) The NFS security system

On Fri, 2002-09-13 at 11:35, Raffaele Sandrini wrote:

> Is there another common way for shring files on Linux? A system wich respects
> the UNIX user system? Please don't say SAMBA cause it does not do that...

'respects the UNIX user system' not quite sure what you mean by that...
can you expound a bit?

You do know that samba uses the unix user accounts (/etc/pam.d/samba)
for access control, right? Also you can make samba use the passwd file
directly.

Samba seems like a decent tool for file sharing on linux don't write it
off too quickly. If I'm not mistaken it was originally designed for
unixen.

-Mark