Re: Kernel Panic: How to tell what happened?

Mariano Kamp said:
> Hi,
>
>  my new kernel produces kernel panics. Beeing a newbie I am a bit stuck
> here. It is happening very quickly, so I guessed that it has something to
> do with not able to mount a filesystem and was randomly selecting and
> deselecting ide options with not much succes.

I don't know of any way to retrieve the data from the current panic,
but in the future I reccomend setting up console on serial port
and hook a terminal up to the system, then if the panic happens again
it should be preserved in the terminal's buffer.

sometimes a panic can be logged to syslog too, many times it does not
though...

nate