Re: Deleting old threads

also sprach Christoph Claus <chr-debuser@lux.dnsalias.net> [2002.09.13.1620 +0200]:
> I'm searching for a solution for the following problem: If I delete an
> uninteresting thread, and someone responds to that thread later on, I
> would like to delete that message automatically. On the web I found
> solutions using procmail, but I use qmail/maildrop/mutt, and can't use
> procmail, because it doesn't interact well with qmail (it needs
> /var/spool/mail to be in use, which isn't when using qmail's Maildir
> format). :-(

procmail happily works with Maildir - just add

  DEFAULT=$HOME/Maildir/

to the top of your .procmailrc file, and end every folder that
procmail should store into with a slash as above.

could you show me a reference to one such solution you found on the
web with procmail?

no micro$oft components were used
in the creation or posting of this email.
therefore, it is 100% virus free
and does not use html by default (yuck!).