Re: Ongoing saga of upgrading my old Woody

Colin

On Fri, 13 Sep 2002, Colin Watson wrote:

> I'd be rather concerned about that last one. Are you sure you haven't
> got disk corruption or memory problems? An I/O error points to the
> former. Can you 'less /var/lib/dpkg/status' and scroll down to the end
> without errors?

Nope, I get wierd stuff when I try that. I just checked, I get a read
error, and sum fails with an i/o error.

Someone suggested removing it and trying again. I think I'll back up
my data some place else and reboot, then fsck the disk.

What do you think?

David