Re: Dselect wont show installed programs

On Thu, Sep 12, 2002 at 05:54:54AM -0700, Armenteros Roberto wrote:
> This is my first time using dselect to install debian.
> I did install X and all the necesary components, but
> it went horrible and it didnt work, so I decided to
> install it by hand.

I only use dselect when installing the system for the very first
time. I say no to run tasksel and then enter dselect and exit as
soon as I can. This will install all basic packages you really need.

After that everything is installed with apt-get. Most documentation
concerning Debian mentions apt-get anyway so if you want to do foo on
your system all you usually need to do is apt-get foo.

Sorry about not being able to give a direct answer to your question,
but maybe you'll like this alternative.

Bob