Installing new kernel

Sorry, I meant kernel-image-2.4.19-686 (I think this is the latest!)

Currently I have kernel  2.4.18-bf2.4. If I install the new kernel image
  with the command:

apt-get install kernel-image-2.4.19-686 ,

1) will it install the kernel in a saparate dir and not mess up the dir
of older kernel?

2) will it add one more item inthe lilo for the new kernel and so that
In can select the older kernel at boot time, in case I want?

3) and will I be able to remove this new kerenl in case I want and still
have the older kernel on the system.

4) do I have to install any other package apart from kernel-image-2.4.19-686? like kernel-header, etc?

Thanking in advance

Regards
J. S. Sahambi