Re: Has Mozilla been hijacked?

On Tue, 10 Sep 2002, Michael D. Crawford wrote:

> I would be surprised if this could happen on Linux, but I think somebody has
> hacked my browser.
>
> Sometimes web pages that I have open spontaneously change to one of
> two commercial sites.  one of them is http://download.find.com/ I
> forget which one the other is.
>
> I have Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux ppc; en-US; rv:1.0.0) Gecko/20020622
> Debian/1.0.0-0.woody.1

You might try editing various entries in the preferences.js file (which
will be in an obscure subdirectory of ~/.mozilla, or is in my case
anyway).  It says not to edit it, but I've done so in the past without ill
effect.

You might also try disabling javascript as that's possibly what's
redirecting you.

And does this behavior persist after you've restarted Mozilla?  Although
I've had Netscape and Mozilla beahve oddly after visiting various
websites, restarting it has always corrected the problem.

Patrick

--
Patrick Wiseman                               pwiseman@mindspring.com
Linux user #17943                             *Google First, Ask Later*