Has Mozilla been hijacked?

I would be surprised if this could happen on Linux, but I think somebody has hacked my browser.

Sometimes web pages that I have open spontaneously change to one of two commercial sites. one of them is http://download.find.com/ I forget which one the other is.

I have Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux ppc; en-US; rv:1.0.0) Gecko/20020622 Debian/1.0.0-0.woody.1

In looking around for programming contracts in the past, I have seen people post requests for software that would hijack someone's homepage setting. What these programs were supposed to do is set someone's homepage to a commercial site, and prevent them from setting it back (or cause the browser to ignore the user's preference). I get the feeling something like that has happened to me.

I would be surprised if the URL's for either of these sites were planted on purpose by either the Mozilla or the Debian developers.

I can't figure out what is making this happen. Sometimes it seems to me that the pages change to a new URL without me clicking anything.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Mike
--
Michael D. Crawford