Re: Whatever happened to "Unidentified Subject!"

[note: by including that offensive text in the subject your message
was shunted to my "junk" box]

On Mon, Sep 09, 2002 at 07:09:05PM -0700, Paul Johnson wrote:
| Whatever happened to Unidentified Subject lines that DU used to add to
| a blank subject line?

It's Netscape, IIRC, that prompts the user to specify a subject but
provides that as the default text.  Other MUAs do different things.

| If they're not coming back, how do you get procmail to filter
| against an empty subject line?

You can translate from maildrop to procmail yourself :

########
# Make sure this is _after_ checking if the message is directly to me.
# Some people leave the subject out sometimes and I really want those messages!
if ( ${Subject:} =~ /(^[:space:]*$)|Unidentified subject\!|\(no subject\)|No Subject/ )
{
    if ( ! ( ${List-Post:} eq "" ) )
    {
        log "    List-Post: ${List-Post:}"
    }
    F=$BASE/junk/junk/
    `$HOME/bin/create_maildir.sh "$F"`
    to "$F"
}
########

-D

--
"Wipe Info uses hexadecimal values to wipe files. This provides more
security than wiping with decimal values." -- Norton SystemWorks 2002 Manual

http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/