ntpdate no longer works with domain converted to W2K

I've been using ntpdate to set the clock on my Woody box for some time, but recently our MS-oriented Administrator updated our PDC and BDC domain controllers to Windows 2000 in order to implement Active Directory. Today I noticed that ntpdate no longer works when pointing to our (MS-Windows) ntp time server. If I point it to a Solaris time server, no problem. A WinXP machine I just tested on is able to get the time from our ntp time server.

So my question; does anyone know if Microsoft has thrown something into W2K/XP/ActiveDirectory to break ntp services to non-MS clients?

Thanks!

Kent