Re: How to make kernel-modules-<version>.deb?

On Mon, 2002-09-09 at 19:15, Eric Richardson wrote:
> Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>
> > Hi,

> >  Eric> I've been able to to use make-kpkg kernel-image to create a custom
> >  Eric> kernel .deb file from a kernel source package. All the modules are
> >  Eric> compiled and I tried make-kpkg modules-image but no deb file gets
> >  Eric> created. How do I create the modules deb file?
> >
> > 	What moduls.deb file? Do you have stand alone modules packages
> >  installed? Which modules packages are these? The modules you
> >  designated that come with the kernel are part of the kernel imagfe
> >  deb itself.
>
> Hi Manoj,
>
> I guess I'm totally confused. When I upgraded to 2.4.18, I had to
> install the kernel-pcmcia-modules-2.4.18 so I guess I'm thinking of this.
>
> So let me see if I got this correct. Installing the kernel-image I
> created will install the modules compiled in /lib/modules/<version>.
> This of course are not the modules I chose to compile into the kernel.
>
> Also, not sure why I get what seems to be an error when I do a make-kpkg
>
> modules_image. See end of message. What is that command suppose to do?
>
> How do I include the pcmcia modules or is this a seperate think I need
> to make a deb for?

Install the pcmcia-source package. Then, go to /usr/src and 'tar xvzf
pcmcia-cs.tar.gz'. Go into your kernel source directory and run
'make-kpkg -rev k6.1 modules_image'.

Btw, this is not an error you've seen before, there's just nothing to do
because you haven't unpacked any sources into the /usr/src/modules
directory.

HTH
Claudio