Re: ssh problem

On Mon, Sep 09, 2002 at 09:40:13AM +0200, martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach Joerg Johannes <j-j@gmx.de> [2002.09.09.0939 +0200]:
> > What does it mean when a ssh host tells me
> >
> > ssh_exchange_identification: read: Connection reset by peer
>
> what's the output of
>
>   host <hostname to ssh into>
>
>   host <the IP address obtained in the last command>

Hmm, OK. I have an alias set in /etc/hosts
If I do ssh indy
I get the above error, when I do ssh real.silly.long.host.name
I get connected without problem.

> if they don't match, then the PARANOID setting in
> /etc/hosts.{allow,deny} is preventing the connection. I'd say: comment
> it out, restart ssh.

The PARANOID setting is only on the client's host.deny, not on the
server's. Isn't that strange? Or do I think the wrong way round?

I'll try it out anyway.

thanks
joerg

--
No, "rm -rf *" does not mean "read mail -really fast"...