Re: ssh problem

also sprach Joerg Johannes <j-j@gmx.de> [2002.09.09.0939 +0200]:
> What does it mean when a ssh host tells me
>
> ssh_exchange_identification: read: Connection reset by peer

what's the output of

  host <hostname to ssh into>

  host <the IP address obtained in the last command>

if they don't match, then the PARANOID setting in
/etc/hosts.{allow,deny} is preventing the connection. I'd say: comment
it out, restart ssh.

windoze 98: <n.> useless extension to a minor patch release for 32-bit
  extensions and a graphical shell for a 16-bit patch to an 8-bit
  operating system originally coded for a 4-bit microprocessor, written
  by a 2-bit company that can't stand for 1 bit of competition.