Re: Login to home from work

On Sun, 08 Sep 2002 21:14:26 -0600
Phil Reardon <pcr@pcrt.com> wrote:

> What needs to be set up in order to login to my home box from work?
> At home there is a cable modem, then a router, then two linux boxes,
> with mine running debian (sid). I have a 192.168.2.xx ip address.

I assume you just want a command line login (or maybe even
X-forwarding). You then need to run a ssh-deamon on you're box at home
(that's 'apt-get install ssh' I think.) From you're work you can then
start a ssh-session to you're box at home. So you need to type
somewehere 'ssh <hostname> or <ip>'. But it seems you have assigned an
ip adres to you're box that is not visible from the internet. If you do
have a fixed ip adres, I suppose you have to set up you're
router(/firewall?) to do portforwarding.

grts Tim