consistant userid:username setup for system accounts?

hi

I have ran accross this a few times in the past but was curious
if there was any effort in Debian 3.0 that goes to assigning a
uid number to the system accounts to keep them consistant accross
installations. Many of the accounts already are(the core ones) but
at least in my case I had some trouble migrating a cyrus installation
from one system to another because on the system it came from(potato)
cyrus was uid=100, on the woody system it was going to cyrus was
uid=103 and sshd was uid=100. On my system at home which is woody
cyrus is uid=101 and sshd is uid=102. It would really be nice if
there was an assigned method(sort of like assigning ports) for keeping
uid numbers consistant. This would also help a great deal with
distributed authentication such as LDAP or NIS.

at least it would help when working in a mostly debian networked
enviornment.

nate