Re: Printing problems....help???

Donald R. Spoon wrote:

In my list of modules, I have the following loaded:

parport
parport_pc
lp

Since I don't see any of those in your 'lsmod" results, I would say your printer port is not being initialized on boot-up. As a test, try to load each of these modules with "modprobe" and check if your printer works after loading them. If it "fixes" the problem, I would advise adding them to /etc/modules with any old text editor.

ok, tried using modprobe to load them, but that didn't fix the printing problem. I've added the modules to /etc/modules now and rebooted but still no printing ;o(

even removing and reinstalling printtool (which at least got it going again last time) doesn't work anymore.....