Re: avview

On Sat, Sep 07, 2002 at 07:37:40PM +0200, Christoph Claus wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 07, 2002 at 12:30:04PM -0400, stan wrote:
> > > try
> > >
> > > $ dpkg -L PACKAGE
> > > It shows you all the files owned by that particular package
> > >

> > Thanks, however here is what I see when I run that.
> >
> > stan@smokey:~$ dpkg -L avview
> > Package `avview' is not installed.
> >

> > But here is the line from dselect:
> >
> >   ** Opt graphics avview       <none>      0.10.6-2    TV viewing and capture so
> >
> > So, what am I missing?
> >
> > --
> > "They that would give up essential liberty for temporary safety deserve
> > neither liberty nor safety."
> > 						-- Benjamin Franklin
>
> The dselect documentation :-) Excuse me... it would be nice if you
> consult the documentation first.
>
> The last asterisk stands for will be installed, the one left of it for
> last request was "install", but if it is actually installed, there is
> a third asterisk in front of the two. So you most likely forgot to
> execute step three in dselect -- the actual installation.
>
> If you did this, and it doesn't work, please run "apt-get install
> avview" (sort of low-level install) an post the output...

Yes, I relaized that just after I posted :-(

Heres what apt-get has to say.

smokey:~# apt-get install avview
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

that package should be filed.

  avview: Depends: libc6 (>= 2.2.5-13) but 2.2.5-6 is to be installed
  E: Sorry, broken packages
  smokey:~#

Sugestions?

neither liberty nor safety."