Re: avview

On Sat, Sep 07, 2002 at 12:30:04PM -0400, stan wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 07, 2002 at 05:59:08PM +0200, Christoph Claus wrote:
> > On Sat, Sep 07, 2002 at 11:11:30AM -0400, stan wrote:
> > >  How can I find out more about it?
> > try
> >
> > $ dpkg -L PACKAGE
> > It shows you all the files owned by that particular package
> >

> Thanks, however here is what I see when I run that.
>
> stan@smokey:~$ dpkg -L avview
> Package `avview' is not installed.
>

> But here is the line from dselect:
>
>   ** Opt graphics avview       <none>      0.10.6-2    TV viewing and capture so
>
> So, what am I missing?
>
> --
> "They that would give up essential liberty for temporary safety deserve
> neither liberty nor safety."
> 						-- Benjamin Franklin

The dselect documentation :-) Excuse me... it would be nice if you
consult the documentation first.

The last asterisk stands for will be installed, the one left of it for
last request was "install", but if it is actually installed, there is
a third asterisk in front of the two. So you most likely forgot to
execute step three in dselect -- the actual installation.

If you did this, and it doesn't work, please run "apt-get install
avview" (sort of low-level install) an post the output...

Regards
Christoph

p.s. Please don't post to me directly, instead subscribe and post to
the list, so everyone will be able to read it.

--
Internet kaputt?  Hoffentlich war noch Garantie drauf...
		-- Andreas 'Picco' Gerstenberg