Re: Problems with esd in Woody?

%% "Karl E. Jorgensen" <karl@jorgensen.com> writes:

  kej> Have you told Realplayer to use ESD as output?  If not, then
  kej> Realplayer and esd will be fighting over the device files... IIRC
  kej> esd will use a "timeout", where it will close the sound device if
  kej> there is not sound activity after a few secs - this tends to make
  kej> diagnostics difficult.

Hmm... this might be it... I did get errors from RP saying "device
busy".  Then they went away.

But, how do I tell RealPlayer to use ESD?  This was the Mozilla plugin,
not the "normal" player, and I couldn't find anything that would let me
configure it.

If I configure the normal player to use ESD, will the Mozilla plugin
obey that setting as well?

PS. Thanks for the response...

 Paul D. Smith <pausmith@nortelnetworks.com> HASMAT--HA Software Mthds & Tools