Re: PPP Internet Connection Not Working

Peter Christensen writes:
> I don't have an ethernet card or LAN,...

You've got diald installed but not configured.  It has set up an ethertap
pseudo device and made it your default route.  All your packets are going
to diald, which doesn't know what to do with them.  Either configure diald
or remove it.

> Is this a clue that diald is responsible?

Yes.

> If, as you suggested, diald is causing this problem, I would like to
> remove it safely, but do not know how.  Would this be through apt-get
> remove?

'apt-get remove diald' will safely remove diald.  If you don't have it
installed the command will do nothing.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)