Re: mail server with ldap authentication

hiya michael

> Hi all,
>
> what is the best solution in debian distribution for using a openldap
> (or another ldap) and full mail server system.
>
> I mean something like:
>
> pop3, pop3+ssl
> imap, imap+ssl
> smtp, smtp+ssl
> web mail interface
> web admin tools
> virtual domains (something like vpopmail)
> central ldap authentication

i'd remove web-admin tools .... think its a bad idea..

i'd add anti-spam and anti-virus tools too
	http://www.Linux-Sec.net/Mail/

list of webmail apps
	http://www.linux-consulting.com/Mail/webmail.txt

not sure why you'd need anything special for "virtual domains"
for popping email...
	popmail for  foo@virt1.com   or foo@virt2.com or other domains
	should all work with normal secure pop servers
	( whether foo is the same person or different person
	( is handled by /etc/mail/access and alias files

c ya
alvin

( am pretending i didnt see the ldap part of the questions - i've no
  answer for it )