Re: Viewing .pdf attachments in mutt.[Fixed]

On Tue, Sep 03, 2002 at 01:31:09PM +0930, Tom Cook wrote:
> On  0, Russ Pitman <rjp@belle.apana.org.au> wrote:
> > To those who replied .Many Thanks,you stirred the mud betwwen my ears:-))
> >
> > The attachment was telling mutt it was an 'application octet-stream'.
> >
> > Adding a line
> >
> > 	application/octet-stream; /usr/bin/acroread '%s' etc etc
> >
> > in /etc/mailcap worked fine
>
> That's a little dangerous, isn't it?  application/octet-stream can be
> almost anything non-ASCII.
>
> It sounds like your suppliers are using a broken mailer.

Yes

> Tom
> --
> Tom Cook
> Information Technology Services, The University of Adelaide
>
> "Intellectual freedom is not the freedom to believe anything, but the freedom to believe only the truth."
> 	- Dr. John Stott
>
> Get my GPG public key: https://pinky.its.adelaide.edu.au/~tkcook/tom.cook-at-adelaide.edu.au
Not much choice, my supplier uses WebMail and doesn't want to change and
also doesn't need me, and I need to read his docs.

I normally simply delete any mail with attachments if I am not expecting
them from sources I know, even list mails.

--
 russ
linux.conf.au 2003	  The Australian Linux Technical Conference