RE: Mouse Problems in X

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions.  I followed what Nick Hastings
suggested, and found that when I tried to modprobe usbcore, hid, input,
or
mousedev, that it said they couldn't be located.  I also tried uname -a,
and
got:

2.2.20-idepci #1

Being a newbie, I went to dselect to look for the modules, and noticed
there
were various kernel images there, including mine, for which the
description
said it only contained ide and pci support.  So, I thought that might
have
something to do with it.  I choose the base 2.2.20 kernel image, and
installed it, and now my mouse works fine, as did the modprobe of those
modules.  The thing is, now my network is inaccessible and I receive
errors,
something along these lines (I'm not in linux right now, and did not
think
to right it down):

/etc/moldules.conf is newer than ....modules.dep

It doesn't seem to hurt anything, however.

Anybody have any idea what I did to my network, and what I can do to fix

this error?  I'm thinking about reinstalling, now that I have learned
some
basics.

Thanks you all for your help,

Travis Troyer