2mice-WantedConsole&X

>From tommyr@agora.rdrop.com Sun Sep  1 12:01:19 2002
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2002 09:49:28 -0700 (PDT)
From: ThomasRatliffDDS <tommyr@agora.rdrop.com>
To: redhat-install-list@redhat.com
Subject: 2mice wanted in console and X

I'd like to have both mice working with gpm and X.  My gpm and X relevant
sections follow and ideas on tweaking these to make this work would be
appreciated.

Using a laptop (Gateway9550) with its builtin mouse, and a USB mouse
(logitech optical cordless)

The following gives me the builtin but not the USB in console but both
working mice in X

/usr/sbin/gpm -m /dev/psaux -t autops2 -Rraw

(From XF86Config-4)

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Configured Mouse"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "CorePointer"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/gpmdata"
        Option          "Protocol"              "PS/2"
        Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "true"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "USB Mice"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "SendCoreEvents"        "true"
#        Option         "Device"                "/dev/gpmdata"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/input/mice"
        Option          "Protocol"              "ImPS/2"

Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier      "Default Layout"
        Screen          "Default Screen"
        InputDevice     "Generic Keyboard"
        InputDevice     "Configured Mouse"
        InputDevice     "USB Mice"
EndSection

The following gives me both mice in console but I lose one ( jerky
unpredictable behavior) in X

/usr/sbin/gpm -m /dev/psaux -t autops2 -Rraw -M -m /dev/input/mice -t
imps2 -Rraw