Re: Helvetica fonts seem to be missing in Debian 3/Netscape

>> Since I upgraded to Debian 3, I have noticed that when firing up
>> netscape on some pages, I occasionally get lines indicating that
>> Helvetica fonts can't be added to fontstruct - or something similar.
>
> The Helvetica fonts are in the xfonts-100dpi and xfonts-75dpi
> packages.  If those are actually installed on your system, your X
> system may not have access to them.  If you are using a font server
> (xfs), your X system may not be using it.  Check in
> /etc/X11/XF86Config(-4) for font references.

I've been searching (in vain) for scalable Helvetica fonts,
since the 75 and 100 dpi bitmap ones look horrid when the
fontserver scales them.

What have others done to solve the scaled Helvetica font
ugliness?

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  Now I am depressed...
                                  at