Re: X problem after upgrade (solved)

On Thu, 29 Aug 2002 14:50:58 -0700 (PDT)
"nate" <debian-user@aphroland.org> wrote:

Just for the record...

> you may be out of luck, accoridng to the manpage:
> http://www.xfree86.org/4.1.0/sis.4.html#toc2

In xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/drivers/sis/sis_opt.c I found all
available options, and the manpage for 4.2 explains what they do.

> note it has the "Option" "SWCursor"

The correct spelling for the SiS driver is "SWcursor" (lower case
'c'). Goggling, I found a message saying that HWcursor and SWcursor
are just one option, and leaving the other unset can undo the
setting. I didn't verify that, but set directly:

	Option "HWcursor"      "off"
	Option "SWcursor"      "on"

This can be confirmed in /var/log/XFree86.0.log.

I still don't understand why it worked fine with potato but not with
X3 on woody. But now it works.

Thanks.

--
Christoph Simon