Re: XMMS and the new MP3 patent terms

On Thu, Aug 29, 2002 at 02:51:19PM -0400, Bijan Soleymani wrote:

| There is a version of ogg123 for the Sharp Zaurus Gnu/Linux based
| laptop and it is integer based, so that problem has been solved.

The Intel 486sx on the desk next to me has no FPU either.  However,
the linux kernel has a software implementation of it.  In my Intro to
Assembly class a couple years ago I had a lab assignment to implement
single-precision (32-bit) IEEE 754 floating point arithmatic
(addition, subtraction, multiplication) on the (integer-only) M68K.  I
didn't have time to implement multiplication, but I did implement
addition and subtraction.  (it wasn't particularly fun, but it was a
learning experience)

My only point being that the above example doesn't prove anything
relevant, and is just FYI.

-D

--
Many a man claims to have unfailing love,
but a faithful man who can find?

http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/