Re: XMMS and the new MP3 patent terms

On  0, Oleg <oleg@tw304h3.cpmc.columbia.edu> wrote:
> On Wednesday 28 August 2002 03:09 pm, Nori Heikkinen wrote:
> > on Wed, 28 Aug 2002 06:42:06PM +0200, Frank Brodbeck insinuated:
> > > Remains the problem that the most MP3 Players don't handle ogg.
> >
> > which don't?  i was under the impression that almost all of them did,
> > including huge ones like winamp.
> >
> > </nori>
>
> He probably meant hardware MP3 players

So, who's in for developing EPROM images for those players to handle
OGG as well?  I guess most of them use an EPROM for the codec, just
like DVD players can have new images written to an EPROM for
multi-region decoding.

Any volunteers?

Tom
--
Tom Cook

"Beware of computer programmers that carry screwdrivers."
	- Leonard Brandwein

Get my GPG public key: https://pinky.its.adelaide.edu.au/~tkcook/tom.cook-at-adelaide.edu.au