Re: XMMS and the new MP3 patent terms

Tom Cook said:

> So, who's in for developing EPROM images for those players to handle OGG
> as well?  I guess most of them use an EPROM for the codec, just like DVD
> players can have new images written to an EPROM for
> multi-region decoding.
>
> Any volunteers?

Has ogg solved the problem of requiring floating point execution
to decode(something like that). I remember reading that one of the
biggest obsticles of ogg getting adopted in portable players is a lot
of them are integer only, no floating point stuff, and at least at
the time ogg wasn't capable of this.

I'd be suprised if my Rio 300s were upgradable in any way :)

nate