Re: default X font sizes

John Batistic said:
> I have just completed a Woody install to XFS file system.
>
> My default X font sizes are way too big.
> /etc/X11/fs/config used to control font size, but now has no effect.
> Renaming fs makes no difference, so default font size is under the control
> of something else.
>
> Where will I find the default X font size setting?

one place to look:

/etc/X11/xinit/xserverrc

I believe the default is 100dpi, which looks like:
exec /usr/bin/X11/X -dpi 100 -nolisten tcp

you can try to change this to 75 dpi by doing:
exec /usr/bin/X11/X -dpi 75 -nolisten tcp

be sure you have the 75dpi fonts installed(apt-cache search 75dpi)

then restart X, hopefully the fonts will be smaller, if your
using a display manager I reccomend logging out, then hitting
CTRL+ALT+BACKSPACE to restart X

nate