Re: I played with the devil now libc6 wants to update ...

> I think you should be able to safely install libc6_2.2.5-14.
>
> Put unstable into /etc/apt/sources.list
> apt-get update
> apt-get -s -t unstable libc6
>
> "-s" will make apt-get simulate changes that would occur if you
> actually did the installation. If changes look OK, rerun apt-get
> without -s option.
>
> Keep track of what gets installed; if you later want to downgrade to
> the previous version of libc6, you can do so using apt's pin
> priorities or with dpkg with --force-downgrade option.

All this looks REALLY scary to me.
I think I don't even like the '-t unstable ' for ANYTHING anymore.
How do you get this to work in the first place ? You need to put (add!)
'unstable'
into apt/sources.lists -- and then? Who prevents you then from going
'unstable'
altogether ?? /etc/apt/preferences ??
I think the only real solution is to go from source-packages for everything
that's
unstable. (Meaning: I think debian does not support actually mixing unstable
into stable
[if you don't compile it from the source package yourself !!] )

Regards,
Sebastian