Re: Mail reader

Gary Hennigan wrote:
> Can mutt do mail expiry? What is expiry? It makes mail act like
> news. You don't delete news articles, they eventually just expire on
> your news server. In gnus email acts the same way. You never, or very
> rarely, delete email manually. A gnus process periodically runs and
> cleans up unmarked email that is older than a specified amount of time
> (configurable on an email group basis or as a default value if not
> specified for a specific group).

I suppose you could do this with mutt, but why not instead find a
general-purpose tool that can do it in a cron job, set it up, and never
have to worry about it again no matter what mailer you end up using.
(That tool is archivemail.)

Similarly, while mutt could probably be coaxed into filtering my mail,
and downloading my mail over imap, and editing replies, sending out my
mail over smtp, I instead use a selection of dedicated tools that I have
tuned and evolved over time (procmail/spamassassin, isync, vim, postfix)
for these tasks. I use mutt to read mail.

Think unix tools.

--
see shy jo