Re: Mondo Out of Date in Woody

"Thomas H. George" <tom@Home.MIT.EDU> writes:
> I could, of course, wait until version 1.43.7-1 is moved to stable
> trusting that no hardware failure wiped out my system before then.

Packages don't get "moved to stable".  Developers upload packages to
unstable, and after some period of time they get automatically moved
to testing if they have no release-critical bugs.  Periodically
testing gets released as stable and a new testing is created.

So if you're waiting for a newer version of a particular package to
make it into stable, you could have a long wait, likely around a
year.  If "new packages" is a higher priority for you than "rock
solid", you might consider upgrading your machine wholesale to
testing.

	-- Abra Mitchell