Re: Mondo Out of Date in Woody

On Thu, Aug 22, 2002 at 04:23:24PM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 22, 2002 at 04:21:57PM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
> > On Thu, Aug 22, 2002 at 10:07:53AM -0500, Thomas H. George,,, wrote:
> > > Wow, I didn't realize that Debian was pushing such an old version.  Well,
> > > we have updated mondo many versions and I doubt that this problem exists in
> > > the newer version.  Please upgrade to a later version, and ask your debian
> > > maintaner to get a newer version of mondo in the stable release.
> >
> > Please file a bug against the mondo package using 'reportbug'.
>
> Or actually, don't. The version in unstable is 1.43.7-1, and the
> maintainer cannot now do anything about what version is in stable.
>
> --
> Colin Watson                                  [cjwatson@flatline.org.uk]

Frustrating.  Most packages in the stable distribution have everything I need so I have little incentive to install packages from testing.  Might they not have dependencies on other testing packages which, if installed, could affect some of the other stable packages?

I could, of course, wait until version 1.43.7-1 is moved to stable trusting that no hardware failure wiped out my system before then.  Alternately, I could purge mondo version 1.42.1-1, unpack the old version of mondo that worked with potato and see if it will still work with woody.  The latter seems the safer course as, even if it no longer works, it is unlikely to crash the system.

I think I'll try it.

Tom George