Re: Mondo Out of Date in Woody

On Thu, 22 Aug 2002 13:08:26 -0500
"Thomas H. George" <tom@Home> wrote:

> Frustrating.  Most packages in the stable distribution have everything I
> need so I have little incentive to install packages from testing.  Might
> they not have dependencies on other testing packages which, if
> installed, could affect some of the other stable packages?

That's always possible, but in practice tends to be less of a problem.
Using apt's pinning capabilities tends to make this rather painless.

> I could, of course, wait until version 1.43.7-1 is moved to stable

This won't happen until sarge moves to stable.  New package versions do
not "normally" enter stable, instead they enter unstable (with some steps
before) and then trickle into testing via the Debian policies.  Packages
then remain in testing until a new version trickles in from unstable or a
new stable release is made, in which case sarge is moved en-masse to
stable.

--
Jamin W. Collins