Mondo Out of Date in Woody

I obtained a version of mondo directly from Hugo Rabson a year and a half ago. With one workaround it worked perfectly with potato.

I just finished a lengthy and difficult upgrade to woody and kernel 2.4.18 and wanted to back up the complete system. I knew mondo was in the stable distribution so I installed it and ran it. It reported no errors but when I booted from the backup cd I got the message:

   Unable to mount device /dev/hdb5 (type ext2) at /mnt/RESTORING/usr

I emailed Hugo who directed me to Bugzilla. I filed a bug report noting that the debian stable package was mondo 1.41.1-1 and the Bugzilla version list started with version 1.43.

I got this reply:

Wow, I didn't realize that Debian was pushing such an old version. Well, we have updated mondo many versions and I doubt that this problem exists in the newer version. Please upgrade to a later version, and ask your debian maintaner to get a newer version of mondo in the stable release.